A manufactured highly concentrated source
Hi-Cal is a blend of BioLime (crushed limestone), lime technology reagents and calcium solubilising agents designed for use where tillage is limited and fast soil pH management is required. Typically, less HiCal is required than traditional liming options for similar results. This means there are potential savings in freight when preparing your budget.
Hi-Cal delivers poly-hydroxyl reagents - essential to rapidly neutralise acid generated by applied ammonium fertilisers and providing a better growing environment for crops to flourish in. These soluble fractions can more easily permeate to depth where fertiliser is banded during seeding.
- Fast acting - lime technology reagents in Hi-Cal have a higher pH and can therefore change pH faster for quicker results.
- Reduced freight costs - helps minimize one of the major costs associated with liming practises.
- Stores well in paddock, allowing cartage all year round.
- Convenient access - readily available and fast loading.
- Helps protect crops from damage - Improved frost tolerance, improved herbicide performance and improved salt tolerance. That's the feedback direct from the grower.
- Great value per hectare - perfect for treating big crops in a cost effective manner, particularly where freight is a major program component.
- Long term gains - continued use improves the physical and chemical soil properties of your farm.
*Click on Spec Sheet to View*
- High Soluble calcium content - Hi-Cal contains up to 30 times more soluble Calcium than conventional carbonate limes.
- Approved and certified weight loading system - so you can rest easy in the knowledge you’re getting everything you paid for.
- Backed by Optima expertise - our dedicated staff are there to help you get the best possible results from your use of Hi-Cal application.
- Work smart, not hard - a test we conducted over the course of two years showed that by switching to Hi-Cal from a traditional liming agent we were able to apply half the amount of product (from 1000 to 500 kg/ha) while meeting or exceeding the performance of the traditional product.
- Look after your crops - properties in Wongan Hills and Caudoux that used Hi-Cal experienced increased chemical effectiveness on broadleaf weeds, solid stems in crops and lower fungal issues.
- Guard against frost damage - properties in Muntadgin and Merredin that had been using Hi-Cal for 2 to 3 years reported minimal frost damage and higher than average yields in years when other properties in the area not treated with Hi-Cal experienced significant losses due to frost damage.
- Fight salinity - By incorporating HiCal into saline country farmers have been able to grow crops where it has previously been uneconomical.
What the Farmers are saying
Working with Optima Agriculture has helped me learn much more about my soils. I have found their field days to be really worthwhile attending and their staff are knowledgeable...
We see CalSap as a tool that will help us get a liming effect in the sub-soil quicker...
We persevered until 2015 when we decided to try some CalSap and liquid Phosphate product from Optima last year...
After 10 years, I continue to use CalSap as the base of my soil sustainability program, which I use in conjunction with a nutrient management plan...
CalSap is easy to use as a monthly maintenance tool and easy to apply...
Since incorporating CalSap into our maintenance program we have noticed improved water penetration and a significant drop in sodium and salinity in our latest soil tests...
I would recommend CalSap Turf to anyone looking at options for sodium issues...