A premium liquid soluble calcium source
CalSap is a 100% Australian made premium liquid soluble lime that is perfectly formulated to help create optimal soil conditions for your crops to thrive in. With far more soluble calcium than conventional liming products, CalSap is highly concentrated, fast acting and can improve plant growth by increasing nutrient uptake. Calsap can fight the effects of aluminium toxicity and improve sodic, saline and acidic soils.
- Reduced freight costs - a highly concentrated product helps to minimize one of the major costs associated with liming practises.
- Remediates acidity - ammoniated fertilisers release Hydrogen ions as they work, generating high levels of localised acidity when banded in soil. CalSap can help you treat this widespread problem.
- Improves nutrient availability - Low pH contributes to low availability of many nutrients your crop needs. Maximise the efficiency of your valuable fertiliser inputs with Calsap.
- Improves plant root growth - Nutrient and moisture mining are key to helping your crop endure environmental stress. Calsap improves rooting depth and density giving the plant the best foundation while building soil carbon levels for subsequent seasons.
- Improve water absorption - in WA every drop of water counts and depending on your soil type, CalSap can dramatically increase the speed at which water enters your soil. Thereby preventing wasteful runoff and increasing the amount of moisture available to your crops.
- Calcium where it counts - CalSap has 340 times the soluble calcium found in conventional liming products.
- Fully soluble - unlike suspensions that can be hard to manage and apply, CalSap is a stable solution that is easy to handle, safe, reactive and efficient.
- Available in bulk or convenient IBC packaging - suitable to a wide range of applications and property sizes.
- Backed by Optima expertise - our dedicated staff are there to help you get the best possible results from your use of CalSap application.
- Increased crop yields - a trial of two winter applications of CalSap by Echuca Town & Country Suppliers to a previously unfertilized paddock of pure Sprinter annual ryegrass in Nanneella, Victoria resulted in an additional 600kg DM/ha (a significant increase in yield).
- Better soil, deeper roots, higher yields - Graham and Julie Taylor conducted a trial in which they treated one paddock of Crusher Canola with CalSap and left a second paddock untreated. Analysis of the CalSap treated paddock showed it to have a better pH balance, deeper roots and a better yield comparison.
What the Farmers are saying
Working with Optima Agriculture has helped me learn much more about my soils. I have found their field days to be really worthwhile attending and their staff are knowledgeable...
We see CalSap as a tool that will help us get a liming effect in the sub-soil quicker...
We persevered until 2015 when we decided to try some CalSap and liquid Phosphate product from Optima last year...
After 10 years, I continue to use CalSap as the base of my soil sustainability program, which I use in conjunction with a nutrient management plan...
CalSap is easy to use as a monthly maintenance tool and easy to apply...
Since incorporating CalSap into our maintenance program we have noticed improved water penetration and a significant drop in sodium and salinity in our latest soil tests...
I would recommend CalSap Turf to anyone looking at options for sodium issues...