Precise management, where you need it!
In our weathered Australian soils peak production is often limited by constraints that are out of the farmers control and uneconomial to treat across the breadth and depth of the farm. This doesn't mean that we can't target the key area for setting up our crops potential - the furrow - in a way that can deliver economic return on investment while managing long term issues of soil acidification and salinity.
Optima Agriculture have access to market leading technologies - such as Friction-FlowTM - which can provide the grower with an easy to install, accurate and cost effective modular furrow injection system that will help gain maximum efficiency when using Optima CalSap and other liquid products at seeding. From precision agriculture requirements to simpler set rate systems we can help you manage your furrow, maximise your liquid options and minimise frustrations with our robust and reliable machinery options.
- Simplicity and reliability - a simple to operate system and innovative, reliable design mean that you’ll minimize losses due to downtime and repair costs.
- Treat acid where it occurs - combining the fast working reactivity of CalSap within furrow injection provides immediate control of damaging concentrated acid in the germination zone of plants. Top dressed lime can't get to where the acid is being generated in sufficient volume to do the required work.
- Future savings and benefits - leaving subsoil acidity untreated will lead to a more permanent problem that will only get more costly to remediate as time goes on.
- Flexible options - Many alternative systems struggle to deliver reliable performance when handling solutions containing suspension products or products of higher viscosity. Open up your options with a furrow injection system that can perform with a wider range of products.
- Easy and adaptable - the Optima Friction Flow system is easy to install and can be retro fitted to a wide range of existing equipment.
- Improved effectiveness - this innovative new delivery system makes our highly effective CalSap soluble lime even better at remediating your soil and delivering outstanding results.
- Backed by Optima expertise - because we invented the technology and the products that it deploys we know it better than anyone else and can help you best benefit from our expertise.
- Effective remediation, increased yields - in furrow field trials of CalSap in Esperance, Goomalling and Beverly have shown an ability to effectively remediate acidic conditions in the root zone of the plants and deliver increased yields in wheat crops.
- Improved fertiliser efficiency - over three seasons a property in central NSW conducted a trial in which they applied CalSap in furrow at seeding with a standard fertiliser alongside a control. Backed up by similar trials in various locations throughout WA, increased yields have shown that the ease of injecting CalSap in at low rates in the furrow at seeding time makes it the most cost effective product to improve fertiliser efficiency.
What the Farmers are saying
Working with Optima Agriculture has helped me learn much more about my soils. I have found their field days to be really worthwhile attending and their staff are knowledgeable...
We see CalSap as a tool that will help us get a liming effect in the sub-soil quicker...
We persevered until 2015 when we decided to try some CalSap and liquid Phosphate product from Optima last year...
After 10 years, I continue to use CalSap as the base of my soil sustainability program, which I use in conjunction with a nutrient management plan...
CalSap is easy to use as a monthly maintenance tool and easy to apply...
Since incorporating CalSap into our maintenance program we have noticed improved water penetration and a significant drop in sodium and salinity in our latest soil tests...
I would recommend CalSap Turf to anyone looking at options for sodium issues...